Bigcommerce Community Forum

Current time: 03-31-2015, 04:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (Login)

Remove sf-sub-indicator in flyout menu
I am unable to find/remove the sf-sub-indicator in my category tree. You can view my site at www (dot) guystoreusa (dot) com - There is a arrow on the categories and I want to remove that. I tried to use css to display:none but there in inline styles I believe.

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Tyler,

Open the store.css file and find the following code:

Code:
.sf-sub-indicator {
    position:        absolute;
    display:        block;
    right:            .75em;
    top:            .2em; /* IE6 only */
    width:            10px;
    height:            10px;
    text-indent:     -999em;
    overflow:        hidden;
    background:        url('../images/arrows-ffffff.png') no-repeat -10px -100px; /* 8-bit indexed alpha png. IE6 gets solid image only */
}

REMOVE the following line from the above and save css.

background: url('../images/arrows-ffffff.png') no-repeat -10px -100px; /* 8-bit indexed alpha png. IE6 gets solid image only */

Hope this resolve your issue.
Steve
Yes, thats what I would normally do. The only problem is there is no store.css!!!! Not sure where the app is getting this css file from but its not in my list of css files in the Styles directory.

EDIT----------------
So i did some searching and it appears it getting the file from here ( "//cdn1.bigcommerce.com/v7401/javascript/superfish/css/store.css?4995b )

Not sure how I can access this file. Anyone know?
I don't think BC will allow you to edit the files on its CDN server. I would recommend you to call BC support Ninja's and see what they have to say. The only alternative I see here is to copy the store.css from http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/v7401/javasc.../store.css and then save it to a mystore.css file and upload that to your store directory (e.g. /content folder) Once that done replace the css path for cdn1.bigcommerce.com/v7401/javascript/superfish/css/store.css to new one.

BUT I would recommend first call and see what BC's support team has to say. They may have some easy alternative for this.

UPDATE

I just did http://www.guystoreusa.com/javascript/su.../store.css and it shows the store.css content. So that css file is under your /javascript/superfish/css folder. I guess you can edit there.

But again ask the BC's support Ninja's
Steve
Tyler is right, you do not have access to this file directly. What you will want to do is put that Css directly into the sidecategory list. Copy and paste this code into the side category panel. This will override the CSS that you do not have access to.

<style>
.sf-sub-indicator {
background: none !important;
}
</style>
Regards,

ModSquad
Ph: 512-647-6500
http://www.bcmods.com
Support@bcmods.com
that worked. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [In Progress]  Getting Flyout menu to work with theme Cory Manning 3 78 02-11-2015 01:00 AM
Last Post: Laurentiu Parau
  [Solved]  Carousel indicator color Stephanie Rowe 3 39 02-04-2015 03:40 AM
Last Post: Laurentiu Parau
  [Solved]  flyout menu limit? Scroll? Mendel Weiss 7 103 12-15-2014 06:56 AM
Last Post: Joseph Anastos